The rules of the game
Star Fluxx, as with all variants of Fluxx, starts off with two main rules- you draw and play one card each turn. You start off with a hand of three cards- but if any are Creeper cards you have to play them immediately and draw a new card for each Creeper (these mean you can only win if the Goal contains the Creeper).
There are five types of cards in Star Fluxx:
- New Rule cards, which put a new rule (such as Draw 4 or play all) into play.
- Action cards, which allow players to do one-time things such as steal cards or eliminate rules.
- Keeper cards, which help players reach the goal.
- Creeper cards, which prevent the player from winning unless the goal or a new rule states otherwise.
- Goal cards, which show the Keepers/Creepers needed to win.
My view of the game
With the ever-changing rules of Star Fluxx, this game has an excellent level of replayability. I love the little references to shows and films such as Dr. Who, Star Wars and Star Trek that are within the game and if you're even slightly a sci-fi nerd you'll definitely enjoy this game as much as I do.