Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure

This is one of those games that is really hard to get hold of, and with good reason- it's a truly brilliant game!

Rhythm Thief is, obviously, a rhythm game- but it's a rhythm game with a difference! You don't just sit there and do the same thing over and over again- this is a rhythm gain containing a multitude of puzzles and different game mechanics that make it a truly wonderful game to play- after all, not every person who plays rhythm games is good at the same type of rhythm puzzle.



The story

Rhythm thief centres around Raphael (also known as Phanton R), a teenage boy who steals artworks and takes them back a few days later... or so it seems. The plot is thick with intrigue and intertwining storylines that I have never seen before in a rhythm game. Also, this game legitimately brought a tear to my eye at certain points because of how powerfully involved the storyline had managed to get me.

Without giving too much away, this is one of the most touching and brilliant storylines I have encountered recently and I truly loved every moment of playing this game!

The music

Some of the music in this game is easy to forget, which isn't surprising considering the number of rhythm games you actually play in it. But there are some real gems, such as Moon Princess, which will stick in your head and your heart.

The characters

The main character is Raphael (or Phantom R), who has a trusty dog sidekick called Fondue. Once you meet Marie, she becomes essential to the overall plotline and is a tremendous violinist to boot! There are also other characters that play a part in the overall plot, but I'll leave you to discover them for yourself!

Overall thoughts

As you may have noticed, I quite enjoyed playing Rhythm Thief and I think I'll be attempting to unlock the extra chapters now that I know they exist!

I really hope SEGA release a sequel, what with the last chapter of the game practically screaming that there is going to be one. If they do, I'll be getting it as soon as it comes out.

MmRed

Want to keep this blog going? Buy your amazon items through this link. It costs you nothing at all and helps this blog stay alive!

No comments: