Pages

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Board Game Review: Tsuro

My little sister recently turned 7, and I decided that rather than buying her yet another video game or Princess/Fairy toy that she's bound to grow out of, I'd get her a board game.

I spent about half an hour dithering in the game store I frequent (Wargames Workshop, if you want to know) until I had 2 games to choose from- either Dobble (a matching game) or Tsuro. Reminding myself that Dobble was a) paper, which means my younger brother could destroy it easily and b) basically snap, I went for Tsuro- a truly unique game.


The principle of the game

Tsuro has a rating of 8+, but it's quite simple to understand- so simple, as a matter of fact, that of the 4 players we had, the 5 year old won. The game is about the path to enlightenment, and to win you have to make the paths in such a way that you don't fall off but your opponents do. It's a relatively quick little game, meaning that it holds the attention of those playing it for long enough. I quite enjoyed playing Tsuro, and I think my sister was happy with it as a present- it's something she can play with friends relatively easily!

So, is it worth my money?

For £25, you get a nice board, some tiles and plastic markers to use as playing pieces. You also get what I think is a brilliant game, so I'd say it's worth it.

MmRed

Want to keep this blog going? Buy your amazon items through this link. It costs you nothing at all and helps this blog stay alive!

No comments: