Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

Left 4 Dead 2

So, L4D2 was free-to-play over the weekend (26-29 October) and I decided to give it a go.

L4D2 art.


Zombies!

This is a first-person shooter Zombie-Apocalypse game. I very rarely play FPS' so this was a new experience for me.

In L4D2, there are lots of different types of Zombies and they can really spice up the gameplay- rather than constantly shooting hordes of boring, slow Zombies, they throw in stuff like Spitters, Tanks and Boomers.

Each 'special' Zombie has its own ability- for example, Spitters spray acid all over the floor which hurts players if they step in it. Boomers... well, they explode.

There are 'special' Zombies.


Guns, guns, guns.

Now, I don't know if this is normal in FPS' but there are an awful lot of guns you can use in L4D2. The main reason I find this weird is because the main thought behind L4D2 was that melee weapons had been left out of L4D and therefore they should have them in this game.

Online play.

Now, although the single-player campaign with AIs as your teammates is a lot easier than playing online, the online aspect is a lot more fun. You get the advantage of a team that can lead the way (even if it's the wrong way) but the disadvantage of maybe not having the nicest people on your team.

When I was playing online, my favourite mode was 'realistic' because there are so many more Zombies to kill.

The 4 characters you can play.


Playing with friends.

Unfortunately, the servers were being stupid when my friends and I attempted to play online together, so I'll just quote them "playing with friends is so much better, you know the people and they're less likely to kill you... probably."

So, grab L4D2!

MmRed

No comments: